Thursday, February 25, 2016

the front porch

i'm waiting for january to start but it never comes
i'm waiting to get over you but love

i'm waiting for you to call me up at 9 o'clock but the phone never rings
and i'm waiting for you to leave her but you gave her a ring
but i'm still waiting
for you to get your shit together and come find me
i'm sitting on the front porch waiting for you to drive up
and i keep rescheduling my life because i choose to set aside time for you in my mind
but so far you've always been late

i'm waiting for my heart to die so i can move on
i'm waiting for my lungs to collapse so i can finally sleep at night
yeah i'm still waiting
for you to hold me in the dark when sleep won't stay by my side like you did that one time
and i'm waiting for you to realize that it was me you always wanted
that it was me you always wanted

but i never really was
i was the girl you loved but would never take seriously
you knew if you called i'd always come over but when i asked if you wanted me to stay you always showed me the door
you always wanted the girls you knew would break your heart because you love to be in pain
but did it ever cross your mind that you hurt me along the way?

it's february and i'm still sitting on the porch
waiting for you to come pick me up
waiting for you to realize that i've always been yours

2 comments:

  1. i'm waiting for my heart to die so i can move on
    i'm waiting for my lungs to collapse so i can finally sleep at night
    yeah i'm still waiting
    for you to hold me in the dark when sleep won't stay by my side like you did

    Beautiful post. I especially loved this line

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i'm waiting for my lungs to collapse so i can finally sleep at night"

    I haven't been reading blogs since the semester ended in January, which i feel really bad about and i think i missed reading a lot of good posts i need to catch up on. But now its midnight and I'm back to reading blogs and I'm sad. And that line about the lungs and sleeping kinda struck me. And this post was good and real and now I'm just rambling...

    ReplyDelete